WKCO regularly represents and advises client in both contentious and non-contentious matter relating to construction & energy sector especially in arbitration proceeding, adjudication proceeding pursuant to Construction Industry Payment and Adjudication Act 2012 (CIPAA) and complex court litigation.
WKCO is experienced in advising its clients across the full spectrum of matter relating to construction & energy ranging from the inception of projects, on-going advisory, to dispute resolution after the conclusion of project specifically on matters such as:
- Work Done and Variation of Work;
- Termination and Suspension of Works;
- Delay related issue such as Extension of Time (EOT), loss and expense, prolongation cost, acceleration costs and liquidated ascertained damages (LAD)
In particular, WKCO is well versed in consultancy service agreement, project management agreement and standard form building contract such as:
- PAM (Pertubuhan Arkitek Malaysia) Conditions of Contract
- JKR / PWD (Jabatan Kerja Raya / Public Work Department) Contract
- IEM (Institute of Engineers, Malaysia) Standard Form of Contract
- CIDB Standard Form of Contract
- FIDIC Red Books and FIDIC Yellow Books, just to name a few.
The partners are also experienced in handling disputes arising from renewable energy project and had handled disputes arising from the Large Scale Solar (LSS1 and LSS2), Waste to Energy Plant and Hydro Power Plant under the Feed-in-Tariff Projects.